<-gattomatto->                      



                 Gatto Matto

               Daily and Travel Thoughts

                  of a Chinese Woman

 Image hosting by Photobucket





             

             Blogarama - The Blog Directory

            
My Latest Archives
By Title:
Fair or unfair
An Adventure to Lasha about a Paris Lady 一位巴黎女子的拉萨历险记
My Crisis of last night
A cow girl, xixi
同室四年相识十载
A funny RAP in Shanghainese
A mad night in Luna
back to the reality
My travel to Sichuan ( Chengdu Phase)
My little preparation to Sichuan

All, By Date:
August 2004
September 2004
October 2004
November 2004
December 2004
January 2005
February 2005
March 2005
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
May 2006
June 2006
September 2006
January 2007
April 2007
July 2007


I like to read
Redfly*
SINOSPLICE*
Pietre & Piume (In Italian)*
Adoa*
Nuonuo*
Ben*
Class forum*
emily strange (thanks)
skin-er (double thanks!)

I like to read in Chinese
Ellena*
榕树下*
...*


I am Gatto Matto,
My Place is Shanghai,
Currently I am in HK


You can see my travel's photo album here



View My Guestbook
Sign My Guestbook


Tuesday, January 25, 2005
Winter, the best season to have nutrients

Once I declared that I am leaving for Hong Kong soon. Parents started to bomb me with daily soups-fish, pig feet, duck, bone... It is said that in Chinese "Winter is the best season to have nutrients". To be frank, I have never cared so much about this sort of things. I am healthy enough.

But when I left my former job, all the people around have described me unacceptably thin. And I have always been the odd one of the family, such as never blush after drinking alcohol, always with cold hands and feet. Therefore, as the first step I have been asked to take 2 times per day "donkey skin powder"- called "E Jiao" in Chinese, a kind of Chinese medicine is considered to do good to women. As to the reason I don't know but I suppose it can work out somehow. At least now I have occasionally reddish face after a cup of red wine. The most important is that I believe I look better with rosy face instead of pale one. The only problem is its smell and taste, really awful. :-(

Then a small accident happened. I was almost faint in a bus after I got a local anesthetic in the Dental Office. And my mum was completely frightened. So she started to prepare big soups with some Chinese medicines inside.

Yesterday, once more, I have been requested to drink "Danggui water"- another thing does good to women. Hehe. It sounds not so bad to be a Chinese woman.

That's how my first nutritious Winter is going on. Luckily I haven't put on weight yet.

Now got to go and drink my awful Donkey skin powder soup...

by gattomatto 10:01 PM                             (1) comments

Comments:
i hope the medicine is working!
ADOA
Post a Comment