<-gattomatto->                      



                 Gatto Matto

               Daily and Travel Thoughts

                  of a Chinese Woman

 Image hosting by Photobucket





             

             Blogarama - The Blog Directory

            
My Latest Archives
By Title:
05/04/2005~07/04/2005 My trip to yunnan- lugu lake...
02/04/2005~05/04/2005 My Yunnan Trip- Lijiang part
me on the tiger leap stone
Really pissed off with Magnetic
Meili Snow Mountain
Happy birthday to myself
购房小记 -看房记后续篇
23rd March, 2005
看房记
Mimosa-Buona festa della donna

All, By Date:
August 2004
September 2004
October 2004
November 2004
December 2004
January 2005
February 2005
March 2005
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
May 2006
June 2006
September 2006
January 2007
April 2007
July 2007


I like to read
Redfly*
SINOSPLICE*
Pietre & Piume (In Italian)*
Adoa*
Nuonuo*
Ben*
Class forum*
emily strange (thanks)
skin-er (double thanks!)

I like to read in Chinese
Ellena*
榕树下*
...*


I am Gatto Matto,
My Place is Shanghai,
Currently I am in HK


You can see my travel's photo album here



View My Guestbook
Sign My Guestbook


Tuesday, May 24, 2005
My last two travels to ShenZhen

Well, some quick words about my last two visits to Shenzhen.
May 1st: The first time An accompanied me for the tour. Instead of the usual places of shopping mall, we decided to go to see the Lianhua Shan park ( Lotus mountain park). There was a big yard for skating. Lying on the grasses, we enjoyed watching the skates. Two were extraordinary. An old man was sitting on grass and let the wind to take one by one his tadpole skate, they were quite small to be taken up by the wind immediately. Guess what? There were 220 in total with the last a bigger one in green- their mom Frog. I liked his humility. xixi... The other was a skate of birds, much bigger size, with different colors and around 30 in total. I liked this, too.
May 14th: The weather was unbearably hot. This time I went through Huanggang checkpoint instead of Luohu. I contacted a university mate who works in Shenzhen, the only guy I know in ShenZhen apart my cousin. He was strange, keeping push me to make shopping in Shenzhen, because in Shenzhen everything is much cheaper than HK. Yeah, I know that, but we are not so close kind of friends and I don't like to make personal shopping with guys I am not so familiar with. Then he pushed again, so I said I might check something for my father since I plan to go back Shanghai in June. We went to a Department store but I didn't find anything really interesting. So We kept circling the Men's floor. At the end I was bored and suggested we just sat down somewhere for a little chat, since after university we have never met each other. Finally, he took me to a local snacks place. At least, I got some good food.
Apart this little meeting with Xie, I saw something really horrible on the streets. There were boys, around 10 to 13, using finger-thick iron thread to force their necks, and then asked for few coins for their performance. The one, even forced his own face to bloody red. I was really horrified. Never seen this kind of things before. It was too barbaric and ugly.
In HK, Shenzhen is very notorious for its stealing and robbing. I tried to tell myself to feel more Shenzhen before I make any comment about I like or dislike this city. But this has really made a bad mark about Shenzhen.
On the way back HK, I have been questioned by the customs official about my frequent entrance into HK. I answered that I am doing a project in HK. haha, it sounded a perfect answer for the official. No further question, I entered HK once again.

by gattomatto 1:55 PM                             (0) comments

Comments: Post a Comment